17 Dec 2014

Marie Claire The Parcel: Summer Edit Unboxing


Early last week I was very surprised to receive this lovely little Parcel! If you would like more information and links for this product, please see the The Parcel tab.

If you read my post on the the Spring Edit you would know that I wasn't that impressed with the customer service and was going to unsubscribe as soon as I received tracking for this parcel. I didn't and I'm quite glad as I was really impressed with this season's offering. 

The little black box was so packed full of stuff it sent butterflies swirling around in my stomach the second I opened it. 

This season's offering was very skincare based, which is fine by me as I've just signed up for a 12month Violet Box sub so I'm sure I'll have makeup samples coming out the wazoo very soon. 

Nuf chitchat, lets dig in. . .
 

Essie Nail Polish ($16.95) and Top Coat ($17.95). Full Sizes
I received the nail polish in a very very baby pink colour (can't remember the name of the shade and I've already given it away. . .oops). It is absolutely not a shade I would wear but I did try it on one finger and found it to be really really runny. The recipient also said the same thing. I will be keeping the top coat though because I don't have one and no way would I pay close to $20 for a top coat so I'm very grateful to receive it. 
  
Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye, RRP: $94. Sample
please excuse the atrocious photo
This is a really nice eye treatment and I will probably do a full review on it once I've finished it to see if it fulfills all its claims. It is supposed to reduce fine lines, wrinkles, puffiness, dark circles, dryness and uneven skin tone - most of which I have in abundance. It is described as a gel serum. I'd call it more of a gel/cream hybrid. The texture is lovely and it feels really luxurious on the skin. I have only used it a couple of times so I can't really go into more detail than that. It does look really nice on my makeup table though, sorry the photo isn't doing it justice. I would also add that at 5ml this is a very generous sample size. 



John Frieda Luxurious Volume Touchably Full Shampoo and Conditioner ($15.99 ea) and Fine to Full Blow-Out Spray ($16.99)
This is a great little set and we received 44ml each of the shampoo and conditioner and 29ml of the spray. I don't really blow dry my hair but I do straighten it sometimes so I will see how it goes for that. All these products share the same light, clean smell. I've never tried any products from this brand so am very interested to see how they work. 


 
Jergens Ultra Healing Body Moisturiser $5.99 for 100ml, full size
This is a really thick, intense moisturiser. I used it two nights ago after my shower and it was really moisturising. I didn't use moisturiser the next day (even after my shower) and my skin still felt smooth. I really like this, however I do think it's a bit heavy for an all-over moisturiser in summer. I will probably just use it on dry patches, but I would certainly use it in summer. It's also readily available and inexpensive. 
Revlon Age Defying CC Cream $26.95
Correct me if I'm wrong but this looks like a full size item. It is supposed to be a colour correcting cream offering light but buildable coverage. It is in the shade medium which is way too dark for me but I mixed it with my whitening BB cream from the makeup edition memebox which is way too light. The result was a light-medium coverage BC cream that matched my skin and left a dewy, fresh finish. I am really happy with this mixture and it means I can now make use of two products I wouldn't otherwise be able to use. More specifically, I don't really have too much to say about this product. It's a light-coverage cream, just like the others as far as I can tell. It claims to have anti-wrinkle, dehydration and uneven skintone properties so I will let you know if I agree with that when I've been using it for a bit longer. 



Philosophy Purity Made Simple 3-in-1 face and eyes cleanser, $15 for 90ml.
I received a 30ml sample of this product which is very generous for a facial cleaner. This product claims to remove dirt, tone and lightly hydrate and is safe for use around the eyes. It has a very faint, slightly musky smell. I have used it a few times and it removed my makeup very well, granted it was not waterproof makeup (note however that it isn't a makeup remover). I also rubbed my eyes with it to get mascara off and it didn't sting or feel uncomfortable at all. While I still moisturised after using it, it didn't leave my skin feeling tight or dry after use.  I really like this stuff so far and would consider purchasing the full size if I still like it after further use. 
Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant, $25 for 50ml
I'm not sure how much this sample is but I'd say it'd be around 15-20ml maybe. I was really excited to try this as I've heard a lot about it. It claims to be a do-it-all balm which soothes, moisturises and protects dry or mildly irritated skin. The description also suggests using it with your foundation to create a dewy glow. This is interesting and I will definitely try it. I did use some over my makeup a couple of days ago on my cheekbones to give them some sheen. It did, ut I'm not sure how long it lasted for. This isn't a 'cream' as such, it has more of a milky, gel-like consistency. It also has a very strong smell that I can't quite place my finger on. On the packaging it states that its fragrance free so whatever the smell is, it must come from the active ingredients themselves. I would believe that as it is almost medical in scent, its not unpleasant, just not a nice or clean kind of smell. Again, with this product I will do a full review once I have a more coherent opinion on it. 

The Verdict
I am so happy with the box. I was beginning to think over the last few days that I wasn't, but having gone through it again for this review I'm back to happy. This has a great range of products in it, most of which I am excited to try and all of which I will use (minus the nail polish but that's just due to the colour). We got 4 full size products and all the samples are a what I would call deluxe sizes. No sachets in sight either. The last box was very makeup heavy so I'm glad to see more skincare in this box, although I'm sure others would disagree. Again, I was happy to see a hair care product (3 really) thrown in as well. I also think that the price range in this box is great, most of the items I would say that I can afford to purchase if I like them. 
Even though I was adamant about ending my subscription to this box, I will be keeping it for at least one more box.   


Did you receive this box?
What did you think?
What's your favourite item?


Note: I have paid for this box with my own money and am not being paid to conduct this review. The opinions stated are my own and should not be taken for anything else.







No comments:

Post a Comment