22 Jun 2015

Butterfly Soap Studio Shower and Body Box: May unboxing and reviewB

This is my first BPSS purchase and I was very excited to receive it. I bought this as a 3 boxes for $70 deal. I used the code MEMBER for 5% off.
There were 7 products in this box, full size and samples.
All products are animal cruelty-free and made by the owner in Sydney, Australia.
Lets dig in:

CITRUS DREAM SCRUB. RRP: $5/15 for 50/200g
Received 30g sample with a value of $3
I was so excited to see this in the box because I love citrus scents, thus it was the first thing I opened. Unfortunately, i dont like the smell of this at all. It smells the way that orange snake lollies taste, quite heavy and very very sweet. The thing I enjoy most about citrus scents is how fresh, light and sharp they are. I didnt find those qualities in this product. Don't get me wrong, it does still smell of citrus, just not in the way I had hoped. The product has a lotion-like consistency with tiny exfoliating particles through it. It's gentle and would probably be suitable for every day use. Personally, i prefer body exfoliators to be outrageously abrasive so I would use something else for once a week exfoliation purposes, however this is a personal preference thing. Having said that, as I am an exfoliator addict, using a gentle exfoliator every day helps me keep my cravings under control and I am very interested in trying some of the other scents in this range. I like that it is available in small sizes so you are able to try various scents and both sizes are reasonably priced. I think that if this was in a scent I liked i'd be all over this.


BODY BUTTER in SALTED CARAMEL. RRP: $5/15 for 50/200g
Received 50g
This is amazing. The scent is sweet but not too sweet so it smells really decadent without being overwhelming. This performs well and leaves skin feeling soft. The best thing about it is that the smell lingers and you catch wafts of it all day which just feels amazing. Being in Tas it's very cold at the moment so it was a little thick (I think this has to do with the cold). I got around this by just dotting it around where I wanted it and then rubbing it in, just to make sure it went on evenly. I loved this and am really keen to try some of the other scents in this range.

JOJOBA FACIAL MOISTURISER. RRP: $14 for 100ml
Received 30g sample with a value of $4.20
This is a light fragrance-free lotion. This cream absorbs well, and while it does leave my skin a teensy little bit oily I believe that is because it contains jojoba oil. I think that for this reason, it is very hydrating which is excellent as I have very dry skin. In fact, I've noticed my every-present dehydration creases in my forehead have all  but disappeared since I started using this which is amazing. All in all I'm really enjoying this lotion and i think its well suited to my skin type. Again, it is very reasonably priced so I would definitely consider purchasing this in the near future. If you have very dry skin, I highly recommend this lotion.

FOAMY SCRUB in VANILLA, PEARL and LACE. RRP: $5/14 for 50/200g
Received 50g
This is a very thick cream with tiny exfoliating particles through it. Its consistency reminds me of creamed butter and sugar. The first time I used this I just grabbed a bit and rubbed it directly onto my skin. I found that it didn't disperse evenly. The next time I used it I rubbed it in my hands to warm it up and it dispersed much better. Again, this isn't abrasive enough to be my once a weeker, but fortunately it is gentle enough to use every day. This scrubs creamy texture is quite luxurious and perfect for winter. This product smells lovely, although I found that if i leave i on for too long it has an after-smell which isn't as nice. I have gotten around this by washing it off a bit earlier. I have come across this with other products of this kind so its not unique to this one and it probably wouldn't bother most people. I am just overly sensitive to smell. I have been mixing this with the citrus scrub which has improved the smell of that product immeasurably. This makes me very happy because this means I get to try that product without the smell ruining the experience. (again, this is just a case of my not liking the smell, not an issue with the product). Again, the pricing is amazing and I think if I was making an order already, Id probably throw in another scent to try. I found that the more I used this product, the more I liked it.




LIP SCRUB in BLUEBERRY. RRP: 5g for $3
Received full size
This is a huge amount of product for the price. This little metal tin has a screw-top too which is so much better than push/pull top ones you get. It smells lovely and, even though you wipe it off after use, it actually tastes nice too. Again, because of the weather, I am having to heat this up before I can use it but in summer I don't think this will be an issue. It is lovely and my favourite of all the products of this kind I have tried (Lush and elf). It feels nourishing on the lips and is an effective exfoliant. This is a win for me.

LUXURY SOAP in BAY RUM. RRP: 150g for $6
Received 32g valued at $1.28
While I am not a fan of the smell of this soap at all, it does feel amazing on the skin. It creates a very creamy lather which I love. I'm really looking forward to trying some more and will probably pick up some more at some point. I particularly like that it's not drying like some soaps are.


SEA SALT SCRUB in ISLAND SPA. RRP: $7 for 100g
Received full size
Now THIS is the kind of exoliator i love. You literally just grab some and rub it against your skin. This is the first sea salt scrub Ive tried and I love it. It smells nice, like raw lemon cake batter and is fresh, and zingy. It contains oils which leave your skin feeling soft, and the scrub leaves it feeling invigorated. I love this and for that price I reckon Ill be collecting these little guys. Win!


Overall I am so excited about this box. I have used absolutely everything in here which doesn't often happen with subscription boxes. The value of the box exceeds the price I paid, although I wouldn't even mind if it didn't given this is a small, local business. I just received a 'mystery box' from BPSS and got scents that are perfect for me so I will write up a post once I've tried them all. Can't wait for the next one!





SMALL MYSTERY BOX.        







No comments:

Post a Comment