16 Sept 2014

sk'in rejuvenationg moisturiser & softening cream cleanser: review

zk'in rejuvenating moisturiser and softening cream cleanser: review

 


I recently received these items in my September 2014 Nature's Beauty Bag, see review here. There are two other products from this range that I have yet to try but here is my review of the two in the photo. 



softening cream cleanser RRP $29.95 for 100ml
 This product has a moisturiser-like texture and smells of lavender (not my favourite scent). You use it once to remove make-up, rinse and then use it again to give a deep clean. I wasn't wearing any make-up so I just used it the once. It felt nice and my skin was clean. I'm not sure what else it is supposed to feel like but to me it was just like using any other cleanser. If you liked the scent then it would be great, but as I don't like the scent so I personally would stick to a cleanser like Happy Skincare Cloud 9 Deep Cleansing Balm as this moisturises as well, see my review of this one here
 After one use, there is enough in the sachet for another use. I have transferred it into a tub and will use it again tomorrow to get a better idea of how it works. I'll even use it to remove make-up. I'll update my review once I've done this. 

rejuvenating moisturiser RRP $49.95 for 50ml
I hate to negative but I'm not really loving this one at all. Again it smells like lavender and it has left my skin feeling tight and uncomfortable. It claims to work on wrinkles and I really don't use anti-aging products so I don't know if this is the reason why. The feeling just leaves me wanting to wash it off and moisturise using something else. I will leave it on however, and hope that the sensation will wear off and I can report on how it feels afterwards. As far as whether or not it leaves my skin feeling nice, I'm still on the fence. It does feel soft but it doesn't feel hydrated (if that makes sense). To me it kind of feels like how the area around your eyes feels after you've had a good cry. Again though, I will use what is left tomorrow and see how that goes. 

The verdict
Unfortunately I really haven't enjoyed using these two. I wanted to as they are organic and cruelty-free but I just feel there are more effective and affordable products available to me. I will update this after I have used them again tomorrow but I'm not expecting much of a change. 


update

As promised, I tried the cleanser and moisturiser again last night after work. I have straight eyelashes so I wear waterproof mascara so keep the curl in. For this reason, I usually have trouble with removers failing to remove all my mascara, this cleanser was no different. It did remove all my other make-up well. I had a fair bit of the moisturiser left so I just lathered it on (probably twice as much as last time) in an effort to decrease that 'tightening' feeling. It seemed to work and my face did feel better for it. This morning my face does feel well moisturised, if a little oily. My skin does tend to get a bit oily with the use of some moisturisers so other people may not suffer the same affliction with this one. The only drawback for me (other than the smell) is that I would have to use double the moisturiser that I usually do and with an expensive product, this is not really an economical option. Overall, these products seem to be OK for me. If I liked the smell of lavender it might be a more positive review, however I feel like my grandmother when I use this. Given the price, I would not purchase these products. I will be giving the masque a go within the next couple of days and my sister has promised to let me know how the line smoother goes. I will put a link for these reviews on this page once they have been completed.  
See my review of the masque here 

In the meantime, here is the website if you'd like more information:


Have you used sk'in products before?
What did you think?
What is your favourite product?

Note: I paid for these products using my own money and have not been approached to do this review. These are my opinions and should not be regarded as anything other than that.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment